Title: Hive Cafe Marketing Designer
The Hive Cafe Solidarity Co-op envisions accessible food systems that are socially, economically, and environmentally regenerative that is operated locally and democratically. Our mission is to be a model food system at Concordia University that provides food through sustainable practices and empowers the student community. The Hive Cafe operates using consensus-based decision making, while striving to create a non-hierarchical work environment.
The Marketing Designer will work to create marketing materials and a marketing strategy for the Hive Cafe, with a focus on engaging students at Loyola and in residence. They will also seek out and establish partnerships with like-minded, student-run, groups, and create marketing and promotional material, while upholding an online, and social media presence. The ideal candidate will be driven, and able to work autonomously for long periods of time, while ensuring they are meeting the goals and expectations set out by the marketing and engagement committee.
The Marketing Designer will report to the Finance/Administrative Coordinator, and the Board of Directors.
This is a Canada Summer Jobs position. To be eligible, the candidate must have been a full time student in Winter 2018, and intend to return to full time studies in the fall of 2018.
The position will be compensated at $2520 for the duration of the contract (over seven weeks), paid out biweekly (at $360 per week).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop a strategic outreach and promotion plan for the Hive to implement in the fall semester (for both the downtown and the Loyola Campuses), including the use of social media, digital platforms throughout the University as well as physical materials that can be used while tabling and engaging with students.
- Develop marketing materials, including:
- A video outlining the structure of the Hive Cafe
- Marketing posters for both cafe locations
- Social Media content (pre-coordinated)
- An image advertisement adaptable to television
- Marketing and engagement strategies specific to the Loyola cafe
- Marketing and engagement strategies aimed at residence students
- Marketing materials around the mission of the HIive Cafe
- Marketing materials aimed at small business in the Concordia Cartier (SGW Cafe)
- Blackboard design
- Ensure the documentation of new and existing activities is being completed in a comprehensive and easy to access manner
- Website development, including content development, and possible re-design
- Collaborate with the Finance/Administrative Coordinator to develop marketing campaigns around specials and exam menus
- Archive marketing materials in Google Drive in an intuitive manner
- Assist with the development of social media and web update content
- Report bi-weekly to the Board of Directors, via the designated liaison
- Present final products and a summary report to the Marketing Committee, or Board of Directors (in lieu of the Marketing Committee)
- Accomplish tasks assigned by the committee and / or the board of directors
- Work independently while maintaining timeline goals and regular communication with liaison and/or other relevant Hive members
- Uphold the Hive Cafe Style Guide in all outreach and promotional material
- Uphold the solidarity cooperative mission, vision and values
- Degree, diploma, or equivalent experience in marketing or design
- Aptitude in graphic design, specifically Adobe Illustrator
- Bilingualism (French and English)
- Previous experience in a cooperative structure
- Previous experience working in a non – hierarchical work environment
- Knowledge and sensitivity of workplace dynamics including anti-oppression strategies
- Knowledge of website maintenance is a plus
- Experience working with website content development and/or programming , such as WordPress
- Understanding of Concordia community
- Experience navigating Concordia organizations and structures
- Access to a computer
To Apply: Send CV and Cover Letter and portfolio of sample graphic design work to email@example.com
Deadline to apply: Monday May 21st, 2018 @ 12pm